About Me

My photo
haha...erm... i like to shop for clothes? and spend time playing with my hamster!!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Learning Log 5


Dear Mrs. woo,
The previous lessons that you have with us was quite interesting and challenging at the same time. I learnt how to approach an unseen poem. Firstly, I need to understand the overall meaning of the text. Secondly, I should do a close reading. Lastly, I need to provide a personal response. I have learnt many literary devices such as connotation, paradox and hyperbole J But I have a hard time remembering them all. I suggest that you should give us more unseen poems so that we will know how to tackle unseen poems that we are not familiar with easily.
The new note on unseen poem that you gave me was really specific and new to me. In the new unseen poem notes, I learnt that there is nothing special about an unseen poem or prose passage, and you should approach them in the same way you would do with any piece of prose or poem. I learnt that tackling the unseen poem is slightly difficult as we will be competing with time. And when we approach the unseen poem, we must at least read it 3 times! This will take a long time to complete. I also learnt the DO’S and DONT’S when tackling the unseen poems. Organizing my answers is easy… as long I follow the rules (IBC / PEEL)
I understand that I must also be able to express my ideas coherently and persuasively. I already got the idea how to do this but I still need some help J so I think you need to give us loads of unseen poems in the future.
Melisa lukito (9)
2 Commitment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers